In the Middle Ages the mills were at the base of the complex system of production and, therefore, trade and economic development. In the city of Florence, its surroundings and other cities of Tuscany, there were many. One of the most important systems of fulling mills, built in the mid-fourteenth century, is Remole, located beside the River Arno, in correspondence to the Sieci village. The whole complex of hydraulic structures remained substantially unchanged. Owned by the Albizzi, Rucellai and Valori families, in 1541 the Remole building was purchased by the Wool Guild, who ran the activities of the fulling mills until 1728, hen, following its suppression, the plants became part of the assets of Santa Maria del Fiore. In the Napoleonic period the fulling of Remole was taken over by the lorence Chamber of Commerce, and it is currently owned by the City of Florence although rising in the territory of Bagno a Ripoli. The Gualchiere (the building facing the river Arno) has a consistency of about 1,700 square meters of gross floor area, the parallel building has a residential destination and a consistency of about 1,600 square meters of gross floor area. Area subjected to protection as per Italian Legislative (Decree 42/2004)


  • Ownership Name: Municipality of Florence 
  • Type: Public body 


  • Province: Firenze 
  • Municipality: Bagno a Ripoli 
  • Address: Via di Rosano, - Bagno a Ripoli (Città Metropolitana di Firenze) 


  • Gross Floor Area: 3.300 
  • Land Area: 46.400 


  • Current Use: Hospitality, Residential 
  • Potential use: Hospitality, Residential 

Project details

  • Year of Costruction: 1.425 
  • State of Maintenance and Repair: Requires renovation 
  • Occupation Status: Free / available 


  • Type of Investiment: Ordinary lease (Rent) 
  • Contract Dissolution Type: Public tender