Real Estate in Tuscany
Castello Regio Complex
Retail, Medical/Assisted Living
Massa Marittima is an Italian town of around 8,483 inhabitants in the province of Grosseto in Tuscany. It is the main centre for the area of the Metalliferous Hills of Grosseto.
• The property is located on the highest hill of the city of Massa Marittima in the area between Cittavecchia and Cittanova, near the ancient walls. The urban surroundings are characterised by the presence of buildings with important historic and monumental value and historic buildings mainly intended for residential use. There are no buildings exclusively intended for tertiary use and therefore offices are generally located in buildings of mixed use.
• Commercial activities are located on the ground floor of the buildings, especially along the pedestrain roads that start from Piazza Garibaldi and wind up to join Cittanova. Massa Marittima has good accessibility in terms of road links: it is around 15km away from the S.S.n°1Aurelia, which in turn joins the A12 Motorway near Rosignano Marittimo. The province capital Grosseto is around 60km away, while the town of Follonica and the sea are 20km away.
• This property was originally the Castello di Monte Regio, of which no traces remain, which has been known since the medieval times and was replaced in 1744 by the Sant’Andrea hospital and was subsequently expanded and remodelled several times. In recent years the complex has housed the rest home Istituto G. Falusi. The complex, that is currently unused and awaiting a new intended use, consists of a main building with what was once a rear garden and two secondary buildings. The main building is set over three floors: ground, first and second. The ground floor housed some
Local Health Authority n.9 services (Pharmaceutical Service and Social Health District), and other R.S.A. The first floor (mezzanine) and the second floor housed other spaces reserved for R.S.A. The second building, accessible via the main square, is a small building set over three floors, where there were service rooms, utility rooms and storage rooms. The third building, directly accessible by via San Francesco, was used as a day care centre and then discontinued. It is a building set on only one floor. The buildings’ structures are in loadbearing masonry and generally have pitched roofs with
wooden structure and a surface of brick tiles The property falls within an area subject to landscape protection (Italian Law.1497/1939 and Italian Law.431/1985); the property is bound under Italian Legislative Decree 490/99
- Ownership Name: Local Health Unit
- Type: Public body
- Province: Grosseto
- Municipality: Grosseto
- Address: - Massa Marittima (Province of Grosseto)
- Airport: Florence 150 Km; Pisa 155 km; Bologna 237 Km; Rome; 172 km
- Railway Station: 1,5 km
- Motorway: 17 km
- Services (Bus/Tram): 0,1 km
Central position respect to the historic centre with important historic and monumental buildings;
High historical-architectural value, considered the ancient origin of the complex;
Architectural layout adapts to hospitality sector or residential use;
Proximity to the sea makes the property very attractive for hospitality use.
- Gross Floor Area: 6101 sqm
- Current Use: Retail, Medical/Assisted Living
- Potential use: Hospitality, Residential, Social Housing, Retail
- Occupation Status: Free / available
- Type of Investiment: Sale of full ownership
- Contract Dissolution Type: Public tender
- Intervention: Renovation and Restoration
Castello Regio Massa Marittima – Updated release Dec. 2023